Witching Hour (Suyin... Junsu + Zhang Liyin)
“You were using it last night!”
“Well... I’ve got more friends than you!”
“I need it more!”
“No you don’t you only want to see if Sunday sent you an email!” Jaejoong cried out.
Micky stumbled over his words, “You- you just want to see if Lina sent YOU an email!”
“N-No I don’t”
“Guys, we’ve got the radio show, go eat something... you can argue afterwards” Yunho said, they both turned to their leader.
“But I need to use it now!”
“No, I NEED to use it more than he does!”
“No you don’t”
“Yes I d-“
“Both of you STOP, before I confiscate the computer from the ENTIRE dorm; now go get dressed and I don’t want to hear another word about it” Yunho said, they got quiet and walked out of the room.
He walked into the other room and thought about the fight between Jaejoong and Micky. It had happened when they were in Japan, they went to a movie premier and they had met CSJH the Grace.
Even though Jaejoong and Micky wouldn’t admit it, it was love at first sight for them.
Junsu closed his eyes as the water splashed onto his face, he didn’t really believe in that sort of thing.
“How long was it since the last Halloween party we had in China?”Changmin asked as they put their old Balloon MV costumes on.
“Two years, five months, four days and, I suppose what... three hours?”Junsu replied.
“That’s scary... don’t keep the time like that”
Junsu nodded and smiled. When he had seen her at that party a year ago, he didn’t see her. He didn’t think about her. He didn’t notice her. He didn’t care about Zhang Liyin.
The only time he thought about her was...
Every day for the past two years, five months, four days and 2 hours. He thought about her eyes and how they turned into a half moon when she laughed. He thought about her height and how she could fit perfectly in his arms. He thought about her voice, and how it always made him want to cry. He thought about all the times they had spoken, but how she still managed to leave him breathless.
“Junsu, are you ready?”
“Yeah... let’s go!”
“Party!”
Junsu smiled and played along the whole time, he met everyone else and dance a little bit. But he was still looking out for her, waiting... hoping to see her in the crowd.
“Who are you looking for?”
“No one... nothing” Junsu said quickly to the girl dressed as Cinderella. “How’s your night been so far, Cinda?”
“Not too bad... um... are you a sheep?”
“Huh? Oh, yeah... it’s not an obvious sheep”
“I like it, it’s cute” Cinderella said, “Ah, look it’s the fairy”
“Hey... wait, let me guess, Cinderella?” The Fairy said.
“Yeah... and this is Sheep” Cinderella said introducing Junsu to the Fairy.
“Sheep Xiah” Junsu corrected her.
“Did you take that from the music Video?”
“Oh, we got to keep them... the other guys are dressed too. It was so late notice you know, we couldn’t prepare a proper costume” Junsu said “If not I would have come as a knight in shining armour”
“Not Prince Charming?”
“Jaejoong would have beat me to it”
“Well, if you did dress up, you could have been MY knight in shining armour” Cinderella said.
Junsu smiled but shook his head, “I’ve already got someone else in mind”
“Well, I see the snack table...and I are hungry, been busy all day at the office. I’ll see you later Cinderella, Sheep”
“That’s Sheep Xiah!” He called after her, but she didn’t hear it.
“So... Who?”
“What?”
“Who else do you have in mind?”
He looked at her with suspicious eyes, “How do I know you’re not a paparazzi or crazed fan?”
Cinderella lifted up her mask, Yoona smiled back.
“You sound different with your mask on”
“We all do” Cinderella Yoona said as she put it back on, “So...?”
“Um... I don’t know actually. She was dressed as a witch the last time though” Junsu said, lying a little bit. He knew who she was; he just didn’t want someone to tell him that it would never happen.
“But it’s Halloween so it doesn’t narrow it down”
“Yeah I suppose, hey is that Kim Hee-Sun?” He asked half because he was curious, and half because he didn’t want to talk about it anymore.
“Didn’t she just have a baby?”
“Yeah, but three months ago” Junsu said, “They must have gotten a sitter”
“They look so cute together though...”
“Yeah... I think Sunny’s calling you to dance” Junsu said, she nodded and left him.
“Hey, Junsu how’s it going?”
“Not too bad... the guys are having fun right?”
Changmin looked at him, “Hm? Oh yeah, they found CSJH, and they INSISTED to dance with Lina and Sunday, leaving me all alone”
“You could have come and talk with me”
“Yeah, but you were with Yoona... I didn’t want to interrupt”
“You interrupt all the time”
“Yeah... but I thought she was THE ONE”
“What?”
Changmin sighed, “Forget it”
“What? What was that about?”
“Well... the guys and I, sort of... noticed. That well... you look sort of... like... um...”
“What?” Junsu asked.
“You look like a lovesick fan girl” Changmin said quickly.
“...”
“What? Don’t look at me like that! It’s true... as soon as we mentioned this party you got all glazy eyed and you were sighing a lot. We live with you how we could not notice those sorts of things”
“So you thought I was in love with Yoona? Her?” He said, pointing to the floor where they saw that she was trying to do a silly dance and failing at it.
“Good point” Changmin said, “But still... have you found her yet?”
“Not at all...” Junsu said.
“What are you guys doing up here? Come dance with us...”Fairy Ye-eun said to the two.
“You go ahead Changmin, I’m gonna go outside for a bit... fresh air you know. It’s good for sheep”
That’s where he ended up that night. Sheep Xiah sitting outside in the cold, by himself, wishing that he had brought a drink out with him; but once he went inside again he would be forced to dance. Junsu wasn’t in the mood for dancing.
It was dying down a bit, as it got closer to dawn, he could see the sun coming up on the other side of that hill. He had been out there for 3 hours already, mostly talking to other people that came out.
“What are you doing out here Sheep?”
“Sheep Xiah” Junsu said quickly, “Just hanging out, you know”
“Hanging out or waiting?”
“Waiting?”
“Cinderella told me about your little dream witch girl, sad she isn’t here?”
Junsu shook his head, “Did Yoona tell you to come out and get me, because I’m not going back in there”
They were quiet for a while, and he stood up and started pacing. Trying to keep him warm, she sat down on the wall.
“How can you do this?”
“Do what? Walk?” Junsu asked, irritated. What was up with this fairy?
“Just a question” She said, looking away from him. He felt guilty throwing his guilt at Yoona’s fairy friend. He sat back down again and they didn’t talk for a long time, the clock struck 12.00.
“Look... I’m cold, and I can’t think. So I’m just gonna say what I have to say, and I’m not gonna care about it. I’m sorry. What were you asking?”
“How can you do this? I mean, how do you sit here all night, in the cold, and still have that... hope that your witch is going to show up?”
Junsu sighed; why not tell her why he was here? He was rude to her after all “I think I’m in love with that witch.
And I know that she’s not going to come magically appear and notice me at... what? 12.16 In the morning. But you know... the front entrance, it just seems as nice as spot as any, to just... you know, sit and wait”
“I wish I had your patience” she said, and she got up from the wall.
“Yeah, well... thanks” Junsu said.
“Oh, and Sheep Xiah?”
“Yeah?” He said, but when he heard her say his name, his heart beat a little faster and he turned around. Not daring to believe it.
“Did you really think I’d wear that witch’s costume twice at one party?”
_-_-_-_
 storyline copyright jtoasn.



home
staff
affiliates
old pick ups

rules and enter
r3. challanges
previous winners
other challenges

video entries
graphic entries
fiction entries



: X : X : X : X